Senior Water Resource Engineer (7+ years) for Transportation GroupApply Now
- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2023-05-04
- Team Seattle, WA
Senior Water Resource Engineer (7+ years) for Transportation Group
Senior Water Resource Engineer
KPFF is currently hiring for an experienced Senior Water Resource Engineerto support major projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. This position will support transportation projects and associated hydraulic elements, primarily fish passage and stormwater design. This position requires the candidate to utilize their expertise in water resources engineering related projects, including stormwater facilities design; surface water hydrology and hydraulic analysis and design; culvert and bridge hydraulics; stream and habitat restoration analysis and design; preparation of engineering and construction plans, specifications, and estimates; and coordination with regulatory agencies for project permitting. It will be the responsibility of the position to perform engineering design and to provide a high-quality product to our clients.
KPFF has been an industry leader in Civil and Structural engineering for over 60 years, working with architects, developers, contractors, and public agencies. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the sort of projects we work on: www.kpff.com.
We are passionate about developing great engineers and staff and do so by offering a variety of opportunities and experiences, along with informal mentoring. Join us and become part of a team that works on transformative projects with exceptional public and private sector clients.
This position allows you to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with clients in the public sector and work on all phases of transportation projects. Responsibilities include:
- Support a wide range of engineering projects for roadway and transit improvements, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, site development, fish passage, and ecological restoration.
- Perform stormwater related design, analysis, and report generation for roadways, bridges, airports, and related transportation infrastructure.
- Provide detailed engineering calculations for design of stormwater and fish passage facilities.\
- Create hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Responsible for design of water resources systems and facilities including hydraulic analysis for stream crossings and evaluating for fish passage and scour.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal fish passage and stormwater management designs standards.
- Create stormwater, stream, conveyance designs, and associated grading in AutoCAD Civil 3D utilizing 3D surfaces and pipe networks.
- Interface with clients and public agencies on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate with teammates on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
- Work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Engineering in Training certification.
- 7+ years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of stormwater and hydraulic elements on transportation projects specific to hydraulic and hydrologic (H&H) design.
- Experience with design of stormwater conveyance, flow control, water quality treatment, and low impact development BMPs.
- Project experience with fish passage design projects including H&H modeling, culvert design, stream restoration, and associated civil design.
- Design experience using Washington State stormwater design manuals; DOE SWMMWW, WSDOT HRM, WSDOT Hydraulic Manual, WDFW Crossing Guidelines.
- Proficiency and experience using hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software; MGSFlood, WWHM, Stormshed 3G, and HEC-RAS.
- H&H design calculation experience including conveyance sizing, basin hydrology, culvert sizing, and scour calculations.
- Experience creating construction plan sets, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members.
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
Benefits provided by KPFF include:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance, with a no-premium option
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option and Dependent care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
- Performance-based bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Minimum Experience 7 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Pay Range $120,000 - $150,000