Structural Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
- Office Location Louisville, KY
- Post Date 2023-01-13
- Team Louisville, KY
Structural Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
OPEN POSITION: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING INTERN
Reports To:Team Leader
Reporting Center:Louisville, KY
Position Location(s):Louisville, KY
Status:Temporary (Full and Part-Time Positions Available)
KPFF proudly takes part in students' educational and professional development. We go beyond giving interns a glimpse into the job; we place them in the middle of it. Incorporating our interns into actual production schedules creates an environment where everyone, from principals to project engineers, is ready to share their professional experience and work together as a team. Job responsibilities vary by group and each intern walks away with a unique story to tell.
We are passionate about developing great engineers. Careers at KPFF are driven by individual accomplishments and successful projects. That means your dedication, attitude, and talent drives your professional growth. We invest time in our interns to develop them into future full-time employees. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients!
This position requires excellent communication and time management skills. The ability to accept constructive feedback is key as is the confidence to reach out for assistance when needed. Interns should be eager and passionate, ready to learn and grow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely together with Team Leader and other Teammates
- Learn modeling software, Revit
- Generate construction documents
- Compliance with OSHA Safety Standards
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Minimum High School Diploma -AND- Currently enrolled in either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a major in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Coursework in concrete, masonry, steel, or wood design is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to communicate succinctly with various team members
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis and design
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and converse fluently in English
- Ability to plan, document, and organize tasks and deliverables so that other team members can clearly interpret your schedule and work
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Excellent research skills and the ability to independently learn new material
- Flexible hours to accommodate school schedules: both full-time and part-time positions are available
- May be asked to work beyond scheduled hours if nearing a deadline so long as it doesn’t interfere with school schedules or prior commitments
- Sitting or standing for several hours
- Walking throughout office or site visits
- Operate a computer, calculator, and various other essential office tools
- Kneeling, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
With your resume and cover letter, please make sure to include your overall GPA, major-specific GPA, a transcript listing past and current coursework, and a response to the following prompts:
- What do you hope to get out of this internship?
- Why are you pursuing a career in Structural Engineering?
- At KPFF, we believe that experience together outside of the office strengthens our work product. What do you like to do for fun?
Employees are valued and empowered, collaborative and team-oriented, innovative in their approach, and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive, and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Louisville office is located in the heart of downtown, close to The Kentucky Center for the arts, and many other fantastic event venues and eateries. We are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions while working in a warm and friendly environment. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now