Construction Project Management Internship
- Office Location Special Projects - Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2022-10-27
- Team Special Projects - Seattle, WA
Construction Project Management Internship
Construction Project Management Intern –KPFF Special Projects may be seeking a full-time CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN in our Seattle office.
KPFF may be seeking a motivated Junior or Senior level Construction Management, Project Management, Architectural or Engineering student for a summer internship in the Seattle Office of KPFF Special Projects. The Construction Project Management Summer Internship would be approximately 40 hours a week for up to 90 days. Job responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Assist with Construction Project Management tasks in the office and in the field.
- Perform office duties such as construction administration, assisting with reports, contract document management, cost estimating, scheduling, coordination of sub-consultant teams, coordination of testing and inspection resources.
- Assist with project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a jobsite and must comply with all Company and Site safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
KPFF Special Projects’ Pacific Northwest offices are located in Westlake Tower in Seattle and along the Ruston Way Waterfront in Tacoma. These offices are part of a dynamic 100+ person group that provides planning, civil and structural engineering, machinery design, and project management services on a wide range of project types through all stages of development.
Current project types and potential work includes:
- Container terminal design and construction support.
- Airport terminals and tenant improvements including infrastructure upgrades.
- Trails and public facility improvements.
- Roadway upgrades and utility installations.
- Transit Facilities.
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using BlueBeam Revu.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Expectation to function effectively as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation and dependability.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Working towards Bachelors in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering.
With over 1,300 employees nationwide, KPFF is an engineering-focused company that is organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long term stability and prudent growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
KPFF Special Projects– We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 100+ people.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education Associate's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Construction/Project Management
- Pay Range DOE
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now