Engineering - Civil Internship
- Office Location Special Projects - Tacoma, WA
- Post Date 2022-09-12
- Team Special Projects - Tacoma, WA
Engineering - Civil Internship
Civil Engineer Intern–KPFF’s Special Projects Group is seeking a full-time CIVIL ENGINEER INTERN in our Tacoma office.
KPFF is seeking a motivated Junior or Senior level Civil Engineering student for a summer internship in the Tacoma Office of our Special Projects Group.
KPFF has devoted a great deal of time and resources into our intern program to create a “best in class” internship experience for students pursuing careers in the AEC industries. Over the past 10 years we’ve honed our summer intern program into an Internship Experience that incorporates structured cross-discipline engineering work with multiple relevant site visits, professional development and technical training opportunities, and social/networking events that facilitate collaboration and interpersonal sharing among interns and KPFF staff alike. The 2023 Civil Engineering Summer Internship being offered is approximately 40 hours a week for 2.5 to 4 months depending on candidate’s availability. Job responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Assist with Civil project design.
- Assist in office duties such as making copies, assisting with reports, picking up and dropping off packages.
- Assist with project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a jobsite and must comply with all Company and Site safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
KPFF's Special Projects Group Tacoma office is located along the Ruston Way Waterfront. This office is part of a dynamic 100+ person group that provides planning, civil and structural engineering, machinery design, and project management. We provide these services on a wide range of project types through all stages of development.
Current project types and potential work includes:
- Container terminal infrastructure design and construction support
- Ports; wharf design, waterway dredging, terminal operations building, rail infrastructure
- Ferry terminals
- Fisheries Engineering; hatchery building and pond design, diversion and intake structures
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office Programs
- Computer Aided Drafting experience is desired (Autocad or Civil 3D)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Good time management and organizational skills
Education and/or Experience:
Working towards Bachelors in Civil Engineering.
With over 1,200 employees nationwide, KPFF is an engineering-focused company that is organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long term stability and prudent growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
KPFF Special Projects– We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 100+ people.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education Associate's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now