Structural Engineer: Stuck and Looking for Sky?
- Office Location Nashville, TN
- Post Date 2022-06-27
- Team Nashville
Structural Engineer: Stuck and Looking for Sky?
Join a Structural Engineering Firm that
Puts People First.
Reimagine your structural engineering journey at a firm that embraces individual passions, has an inclusive culture, is nurturing to your professional growth, and gives back to the community.Oh, and we also have some pretty sweet benefits.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: Stuck and Looking for Sky?
KPFF is seeking a structural engineering superkeeper who wants to make an impact on the Nashville skyline and is experiencing any/all the following circumstances:
- You desire to join a team where you feel respected, accepted, and inspired.
- You are at a firm that says they nurture your growth and success, but don’t live up to this promise.
- You want to make a larger impact in your office & community with opportunities to give back.
KPFF is eager to meet you: we are seeking a hungry, humble, & smart Structural Engineer for our Nashville office who is desiring to make a difference on numerous healthcare, industrial, commercial, hospitality, and housing projects. Our current Structural Engineers work on both new construction and adaptive re-use projects, in Tennessee and coast-to-coast. We go where our client relationships go, so long as our people are in the driver’s seat.
KPFF isa unique structural engineering company that reimagines the way we work together. We value our people over all else and have created an inclusive space where one can feel inspired and motivated.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with more than 20 offices, 1,250+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
Our purpose is to engineer opportunities for fine Engineers to accomplish their career goals. At our core, we are “Building Relationships and our Community with Engineering Excellence”.
Why you will LOVE KPFF
- Fun friendly culture
- Leadership Opportunities
- Project and Office Diversity
- Healthcare (medical, dental, long and short-term)
- Company-paid family leave
- 401(k) savings (KPFF contributes 3% of annual salary)
- Generous time off
- Flexible schedule
- Stipends for education and training
- Coaching, development, and career path guidance
- Fun monthly office-wide activities
- Nationwide network
- Community involvement opportunities
- More than 4 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Possession of a Professional Engineer (PE) License in TN and/or KY
- Have a proficient understanding of load path, whole building systems, mechanics of building materials, etc.
- Have command over developing construction documents and leading or being part of a team to complete the project.
- Have a strong grasp of the Construction Administration process and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to navigate through Revit and implement corrections, annotate, etc.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Can prepare and negotiate design contracts, evaluate/assess/manage risk
- Has the self-awareness to ask for help when needed and listen with a curious, open mind; has strong emotional intelligence.
- Can mentor team members and engage in the overall leadership of the office to propel a growth strategy
- Can oversee projects from proposal to completion; has a proficient understanding of load path, whole building systems, mechanics of building materials, etc.
- Delivers excellence in communication and construction documents, and enjoys being part of a team to complete the project
- Has a strong grasp of the Construction Administration process and best practices.
To Succeed at KPFF You:
- Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects: for yourself and others
- Have effective organizational skills and exemplary verbal and written communication skills, focused on relationship building inside and outside of the company
- Consistently think beyond rote training to design structural solutions thoughtfully and creatively
- Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class buildings
- Embody KPFF’s core values:Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion
- Maintaining the same position for several hours
- Moving throughout office or site visits
- Operate a computer, calculator, and various other essential office tools
- Kneeling, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a laid-back, diverse, hard-working, and professional team of experts. While flexibility and communication are key to succeeding at KPFF, we are all accountable to each other and are constantly pursuing ways to improve.
Employees are valued and empowered, collaborative and team-oriented, innovative in their approach, and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive, and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
Our Firm Profile
KPFF is a progressive structural and civil engineering firm that designs state-of-the-art solutions for a wide range of projects. For over 60 years, KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment. We collaborate with our clients, utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating, and tracking systems. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we’re capable of providing.
At KPFF our purpose is to engineer opportunities. That is why we created a training and engineering philosophy called “forefront”.Your experience starts the day you walk in the door and continues as a career-long effort, focusing on the advancement and growth of the entire team. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another everyone becomes both a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their own skills and drive the KPFF experience. The firm encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work that is unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website atwww.kpff.com
- Minimum Experience 4 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering, None
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now