Microstation Technician - StructuralApply Now
- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2022-06-07
- Team Portland, OR
Microstation Technician - Structural
KPFF Portland Structural is looking for a Structural Microstation Technician. Knowledge and use of AutoCAD and Revit is a plus. We are looking for people that are self-motivated and eager to deepen their knowledge of modeling bridges, roadways, and structures while gaining valuable experience.
Our staff work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and interaction with all layers of our organization; from interns to principals. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- This role reports to the modeling team leader and will serve on several project teams
- Support for structural modeling staff
- High Proficiency in MicroStation
- Competency with Projectwise
- Adhering to standards
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD a plus
- Develop structural drawing set with minimum to moderate instructions from Project Engineer
- This includes setting plans, elevations, sections, assembly of general notes, detailing
- Pick up mark-ups as instructed by Project Team
- Adhering to KPFF BIM/CAD Standards.
- Point of contact for receiving information from project engineers to distribute work to the drafting/modeling team
- Responsible for critical and complex portions of the modeling tasks and how these tasks are maintained and developed in the project
- Responsible for coordinating and meeting project deadlines, including recommending the required modeling hours to meet the deadlines
- Ideal candidates are aware of industry trends, software, and technology. They are interested in developing new skills and tools for themselves and assisting in training their peers
- Excellent written English & verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Proficiency in Microstation and Projectwise while adhering to ODOT and WashDot standards
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit All Versions a plus
- Ideal candidates have 3-10 years experience as a Drafter or Modeler
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and any other AutoDesk product is a plus
- Proficiency in Sketch-Up is a plus but not required
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience in Bluebeam Revu/Adobe PDF software required
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties may also be performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 3 years Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering