Hydraulics and Stream Design Engineer [0-4 years]Apply Now
- Office Location Lacey, WA
- Post Date 2022-03-08
- Team Lacey, WA
Hydraulics and Stream Design Engineer [0-4 years]
KPFF Lacey is a collaborative and creative team that works with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide Civil Engineering design and Surveying for projects of all scales. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth and work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
KPFF provides immense opportunity for professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of projects and several projects at once. It’s a fast-paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers and surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. This position provides opportunities to work in many unique and challenging environments. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our staff.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events, even in the current virtual environment.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
WHAT WE DO
Our Stream Design Group, based in Lacey Washington, provides designs to replace fish barrier culverts and restore stream channels throughout western Washington. Our work products include:
- Site and Stream Assessments
- Plans, Technical Specifications & Cost Estimates
- Design Reports
- Permit Applications & Permitting Support
- Construction Support
Candidate must have education or experience as a hydraulic or stream design engineer with knowledge of hydrology and hydraulic modeling related to natural stream restoration or bridge and culvert design. Experience with the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Water Crossing Design Structures is preferred, but not required.
Applicable work experience may include preparation of hydraulic reports and other technical reports, technical specifications, design plans, agency permitting knowledge, and preparation of engineer’s estimate of probable costs.
You will work closely with other Professional Engineers, Project Managers, Stream Designers, AutoCAD Drafters, Administrative staff and the Principal-in-Charge.
- BSCE – Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients and to self-manage your time to ensure that commitments are met.
- Experience and knowledge of typical computer software programs used for engineering design including (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Hydraulic Engineering Center’s River Analysis System (HEC-RAS 1D).
- Experience and knowledge developing site specific hydrology.
- EIT – Engineer in Training
- Experience with the following:
- Stream assessment
- Geomorphic assessment/analysis
- WDFW Water Crossing Design Guidelines stream simulation design
- Scour analysis
- Stream bed stability design
- Large Woody Material stability analysis
- MGSFlood software
- 2D hydraulic modeling (SRH-2D, HEC-RAS 2D, SRH-2D, CivilGEO HECRAS 2D, etc.)
- Hydraulic report writing
- Fish passage structure sizing and geometric design (excluding structural design)
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to work on a variety of project types
- Ability to shift between different project types easily
- Ability to maintain and apply multiple client standards simultaneously
We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving individual’s the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF’s success.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking the “apply now” link below. Applications should include resume and cover letter.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Specialty Engineering
- Pay Range $65,000 - $78,000