Hydraulics and Stream Project Manager/Engineer [4+ years]
- Office Location Lacey, WA
- Post Date 2021-12-22
- Team Lacey, WA
Hydraulics and Stream Project Manager/Engineer [4+ years]
KPFF Lacey is a collaborative and creative team thatworks with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide Civil Engineering design and Surveying forprojects of all scales.We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth and work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
KPFF provides immense opportunity for professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of projects and several projects at once. It’s a fast-paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers and surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. This position provides opportunities to work in many unique and challenging environments. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our staff.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events, even in the current virtual environment.
KPFF offers excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, competitive rates, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, and much more.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
WHAT WE DO
Our Stream Design Group, based in Lacey Washington, provides designs to replace fish barrier culverts and restore stream channels throughout western Washington. Our work products include:
- Site and Stream Assessments
- Plans, Technical Specifications & Cost Estimates
- Design Reports
- Permit Applications & Permitting Support
- Construction Support
Candidate must have work experience withmanaging fish passage projects and providing lead design services for projects of all sizes. Scope of services ranges from hydraulic modeling, structure selection, stream design, large woody material design, and streambed stability analysis in accordance with Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Water Crossing Design Guidelines and the US Forest Service Stream Simulation Design.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Manager that thrives working in a team-oriented culture for our Fish Passage Group to manage and design a wide variety of projects.
As a Fish Passage Engineer/Project Manager, you may be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for lead design and/or management of specific projects.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design.
- Supervise and direct project engineers and drafters.
- Directly responsible for the technical content and quality control on specific projects, as established with Principal-In-Charge.
- Establishing project fees, managing budget and scheduling commitments with Principal-In-Charge of the project.
- Track project cost and timing to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability.
- BSCE – Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- EIT – Engineer in Training
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients and to self-manage your time to ensure that commitments are met.
- Experience and knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design including (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Western Washington Hydraulic Model (WWHM), Hydraulic Engineering Center’s River Analysis System (HEC-RAS 1D).
- Experience and knowledge developing site specific hydrology using continuous simulation Modeling software, stream gauge record data, and accepted equations (i.e. rational method, USGS regression, etc.).
- Civil Engineering PE License
- Experience with the following:
- Stream assessment
- Geomorphic assessment/analysis
- WDFW Water Crossing Design Guidelines stream simulation design
- Scour analysis
- Stream bed stability design
- Large Woody Material stability analysis
- FEMA no-rise analysis and certification
- MGSFlood software
- 2D hydraulic modeling (SRH-2D, HEC-RAS 2D, SRH-2D, CivilGEO HECRAS 2D, etc.)
- Hydraulic report writing
- Fish passage structure sizing and geometric design (excluding structural design)
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to work on a variety of project types
- Ability to shift between different project types easily
- Ability to maintain and apply multiple client standards simultaneously
We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving individual’s the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF’s success.
- Minimum Experience 4 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Specialty Engineering
- Pay Range DOE
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now