Administrative Coordinator - Archivist
- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2021-04-12
- Team Portland
Administrative Coordinator - Archivist
KPFF is about freedom to work on what inspires you. Our engineers work on a vast spectrum of projects in locations around the globe: from anchorage of mechanical systems to complex, non-linear analysis of high rise structures. We have all the benefits of a large, stable company but operate day-to-day with the flexibility of a small firm. Providing first-class service to our clients is what we are all about. We are a group of dedicated, friendly and hard-working people looking for exceptional team members to join us. At KPFF you will be trusted to work individually and collaboratively in the design and construction process with talented engineers, BIM/CAD technicians, architects, project managers, contractors and client teams for a wide array of intriguing projects.
This position supports all KPFF Portland Structural office personnel including principals, engineers, management, drafters, marketing, and accounting performing a variety of administrative and general office functions.
Primarily, this position provides day-to-day clerical duties, archival efforts, and administrative assistance. This position works most closely with engineers and may be assigned specific principals and one or more engineering teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Edit, format and proofread letters and documents, fee proposals, technical specifications, calculation packages, and reports.
- Lead archive reconciliation and update efforts.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate hospitality, including catering, for seminars and client meetings.
- Update and maintain company databases with accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinate travel requests.
- Ensure public spaces are clean, tidy, and well stocked along with the rest of the administrative team.
- Support other departments such as accounting & marketing, upon request.
- Special projects, upon request.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with people at all organizational levels.
- Superior organization skills and the ability to multi-task a variety of efforts for all levels in the office.
- Strong service ethic.
- Effective interpersonal skills that foster a team environment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively within a group.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience in a professional services firm, preferably in engineering, architecture or design.
- Thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience updating and reconciling databases.
- Administrative personal are expected to be physically present in the office for the work week.
Physical requirements for this position generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Frequent use of a computer, telephone and other standard office equipment.
- Heavy keyboarding.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Repetitive lifting, bending and reaching (likely to occur each day).
- Intensive reading of small or fine print.
- Must be able to lift and move standard file boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
To be considered, please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume. Please note we offer competitive compensation, paid holiday, paid sick leave and other benefits.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 1 year Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now