William H. Thorpe SEManaging Principal Orange County – Irvine, CA
"We are innovative (we make stuff up every day)!"
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Aviation, Civic, Education, Entertainment, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial, Laboratories, office, Parking, Residential, Retail, Sports, Building Design, Structural Evaluation, Renovation, Historic Rehabilitation, Seismic Design, Curtainwall Systems, Structural Glass
- Education BS, Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock
- Affiliations/Licensure Structural Engineers Association of California American Society of Civil Engineers American Institute of Steel Construction Structural Engineering Institute
- Hobbies & Interests Golf, Tennis, Skiing, Community Volunteer
William Thorpe is the Managing Principal of the Orange County Office. His experience includes a wide variety of project types including healthcare, education, theatrical, commercial and hospitality facilities. Since his start at KPFF in 1998, Bill has been in responsible charge of projects that range from small equipment anchorage to multi-building campuses for hospitality and educational facilities. He has experience in historical restoration, seismic evaluation and rehabilitation, retail national roll-outs and new construction. He is involved with projects from the inception of the project until the completion of the close-out process and enjoys guiding engineers to successful project results through effective planning and communication efforts.