Luis Alberto Toranzo-Dianderas PhD, SEPrincipal Los Angeles, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Healthcare, Seismic Retrofit, Design Build
- Education PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Canterbury, New Zealand BE, Civil Engineering, National University of San Agustin, Peru
- Affiliations/Licensure American Society of Civil Engineers USRC Certified Rater and Reviewer DBIA Associate Professional Structural Engineer: CA Professional Engineer: CA, WA, Peru
- Hobbies & Interests Music, History, Sports
Dr. Luis Toranzo, a Principal with the Los Angeles Structural Division of KPFF, specializes in advanced structural analyses and performance based seismic design/retrofit of structures. He has over 31 years of professional practice and seismic research experience and has conducted over 100 seismic evaluations and retrofit designs of existing structures utilizing various methodologies such as ASCE 41, FEMA 356, HAZUS, and others, as well as client specific performance evaluations. He is highly respected in the structural engineering community. He has published many papers on seismic performance and advanced analysis methodologies and lectured for seven years at UCLA teaching performance based design at the graduate level.
University of California Los Angeles, Department of Environmental and Civil Engineering - Lecturer (2007-2013)