Allen Escobedo SEPrincipal Los Angeles, CA
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts". - Winston Churchill
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Science + Technology, Life Sciences, Laboratories, Healthcare, Higher Education
- Education MS, Structural Engineering, University of Southern California BS, Civil Engineering: Building Science, University of Southern California
- Affiliations/Licensure USC Architectural Guild - Board Member Structural Engineers Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) ACE Mentor Program Structural Engineer: CA, NV, UT Professional Engineer: CA, WA, AZ
- Hobbies & Interests I enjoy home improvement. Me and my wife have taken on many projects, both indoor and yard projects. It’s great to progress from the ideas, through the labor and complete the project. When it became evident that COVID would be around for a long time and playgrounds were closed, we built a two-level playhouse with a bridge and climbing wall in our backyard.
Allen Escobedo has lived in Los Angeles his entire life. Allen’s parents immigrated from Mexico in the late 1960’s. Although his parent’s circumstances limited their own education to elementary school and middle school level, they always emphasized the importance of education and encouraged him to do well in school. Just as important, they instilled the value of hard work. Allen is inspired and motivated by the challenges inherent to the complex projects he leads. He thrives in creating the systems that perform to demanding criteria of the program, elegantly frame the architecture and satisfy the requirements of the building code. He believes collaboration across the complete project team is key to the success of a project. Allen brings a diligent, hardworking, and humble approach to each of his projects.