California Air Resources Board Southern California Headquarters
Mary D. Nichols Campus Testing Facility & Laboratory
- Services Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Government, Laboratories, Life Sciences
- Sustainability LEED Platinum Net-Zero Energy CalGreen Tier 2 Building Standards 204,903 Square Foot Photovoltaic System
- Awards 10th Annual Sustainable Innovation Award (Un-Built Honor), USGBC, 2020
216,800square feet of laboratories
403,306total square feet
- Owner California Air Resources Board
- Architect ZGF Architects, LLP
- Contractor Hensel Phelps
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
AVL Test Systems
- Team Los Angeles, CA
Home to the one of the largest and most advanced vehicle emissions testing and research facilities in the world, the California Air Resources Board Southern California Consolidation Project also includes a light duty facility, a heavy-duty facility, a shared facility and a chemistry lab. The project has a fueling island with two 6,000-gallon above-ground fuel tanks, compressed natural gas facility, liquid nitrogen tanks, hazardous waste building, car and truck/bus washing areas, loading dock, fuel drum storage, fuel bus parking, front entry plaza, surface parking for vehicles and bicycles, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, photovoltaic panels, thermal energy storage tanks, lunch patio, access drives, landscaping, and eight-foot tall perimeter wall with a metal fence.