Arizona State University Biodesign Institute Building C
- Services Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Education, Laboratories, Life Sciences
- Sustainability LEED Platinum
- Awards 2018 ENR Southwest Best Project Higher Education/Research
1stCompact X-Ray Free-Electron Laser
- Owner Arizona State University
- Contractor McCarthy Building Companies
- Collaborators Affiliated Engineers (AEI)
- Team Los Angeles, CA
Building C on the ASU BioDesign Institute is a laboratory research building is comprised of five floors plus basement and penthouse. The flexible lab space layout contains both wet and dry labs for organic chemistry, biological science, and physical science, with high bay labs on the ground floor. A full basement has labs and mechanical as well as a connection to the adjacent existing Biodesign B building. The design respects the sky sight lines of the Skyspace pavilion directly adjacent to the south.
Additional Services Provided:
- Building Design
"I am absolutely thrilled by it. It is very rare to get the chance to build the lab spaces from scratch to put features we need. We have special walls, rooms, lighting. All these things help us do our science very well."