Sharon Gallant SEPrincipal Protective Design Group, US
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Physical Security Design, Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection, Explosive Safety, Blast Engineering, Hostile Vehicle Mitigation, Ballistics & Forced Entry Hardening
- Education Master of Science, Structural Engineering, Leland Stanford University Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, California State University
- Affiliations/Licensure Registered Structural Engineer: CA, AZ American Society of Civil Engineers Structural Engineers Association of Northern California ASIS International
- Hobbies & Interests Promoting the A/E Industry through Volunteerism, Mountain Biking, Travel, Wine Tasting, Hiking
Leading the Protective Design Group of KPFF Consulting Engineers, Sharon has over 25 years of professional structural engineering experience in delivering protective design consulting services. Bringing a unique background in both manmade and natural hazard mitigation design, Sharon is adept at working with clients to identify their risks and prioritize the implementation of corrective design measures through an integrated, multi-hazard approach with a focus on cost/benefit decision making. Areas of expertise includes the design of building structures for seismic, blast, progressive collapse, perimeter security, forced-entry/ballistics and conventional weapons effects. Prior to joining KPFF, she was the Project Director at Hinman Consulting Engineers for 10 years and an Associate Principal at Degenkolb Engineers for 15 years.