Lloyd Wind PEAssociate Seattle, WA
- Discipline Transportation Engineering
- Specialties Roadway Design, Transit Maintenance Facilities, Multi-use Trails, ADA Compliance
- Education B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Montana
- Affiliations/Licensure APWA Registered Civil Engineer: WA
- Hobbies & Interests Guns, Cars, Motorcycles, Clocks and Watches, Dogs, Home Improvement
Lloyd is a farm kid who started driving the pickup at 6, tractor at 10, and herding cattle on a motorcycle at 12. The family farm was also a dealer for large diameter irrigation pipe and pump systems. He funded his college education working oilfield construction. Lloyd's first post-graduate employment was with a survey firm where he developed knowledge of surveying, legal descriptions, digital terrain modeling, and public water system design. He switched jobs to roadway design to run the new Unix-based Microstation and Inroads system due to his survey experience with digital terrain models. Other than a brief stint doing airport design, for the last 25 years he has been at KPFF designing and managing federally-funded roadway projects, transit centers, and maintenance base rehabilitation.