Greg Buccola PE, SEPrincipal Louisville, KY Cincinnati, OH Nashville, TN Washington, DC
Humor: A moment of levity and wit in the face of adversity is the quickest way gain admiration and trust.
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Healthcare, Automotive & Industrial, Distilled Spirits, Prime Project Management, Master Planning, Adaptive Reuse, Mixed, Multi-family Residential
- Education Master of Business Administration, Bellarmine University Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Earthquake Engineering Emphasis), University of California, Los Angeles Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, California Polytechnic University at Pomona
- Affiliations/Licensure Association for Learning Environments Board Member Structural Engineers Association of Kentucky (SEAoK) Board Chair 2018 – Present University of Louisville Part-time Engineering Faculty ACE Mentor
- Hobbies & Interests Waterfront Botanical Gardens Board Member; Young Catholic Professionals Louisville Board Chair; St. Joseph Children’s Home Supporter
Greg cut his teeth in the high-stakes engineering markets of California where he was an emerging young leader at KPFF. After being drawn to Kentucky to settle down and start a family, Greg rose quickly through the ranks of a large multidisciplinary design firm. A magnetic leader, his true calling of supporting the community and mentoring young professionals was recognized with his Business Louisville “Forty Under 40” award. A cancer survivor, Greg’s desire to serve others and lift up the community was untapped at his former firm. In 2017, he reconnected with his West Coast mentors and founded KPFF Louisville, fulfilling an unmet need for structural engineers. More importantly, he wanted to provide a supportive environment for engineers and staff that encourages personal development, career advancement, and community service.