Woodin Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation
- Services Bridge Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Natural Environments, Roadway
2020 APWA Project of the Year
2020 WSDOT Award of Excellence
- Owner City of Chelan
- Contractor Selland Construction
- Collaborators SCJ Alliance
- Team Seattle, WA
Facts about the Project:
- Bridge was converted from 2-lanes of vehicle traffic to a single lane with wider sidewalks and a bike lane while maintaining existing footprint.
- Repair work was time to coincide with lake’s summer water elevation rise to utilize a floating barge to perform the work.
- To not impact structural integrity of the bridge, the team developed an ultra-light sidewalk consisting of geofoam topped with lightweight concrete.
- Exact replica concrete light posts were precast in a controlled environment away from the bridge.
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.