SeaTac Airport Rental Car Facility
- Services Civil Engineering, Construction/Project Management, Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Aviation, Parking
- Sustainability LEED Silver
12,000 to 14,000Rental Cars Per Day
48Gas Pumps and 21 Car Washes
- Owner Port of Seattle
- Contractor Turner Construction Company
- Team Seattle, WA
Structural and civil engineering services for a five floors totaling 2.1M SF and will process 12,000 to 14,000 rentals cars a day when operational. It includes rental car customer service areas, office space, ready return and rental car storage facilities, and areas for fuel, wash, and light maintenance of rental cars. The facility is programmed at approximately 23-acres and will have capacity for 6,000 to 7,000 vehicles. This project will participate in the Port of Seattle’s public art program. Civil engineering services include roadway connections to existing city streets and the state highway system. The RCF is the first sustainable demonstration project and sustainable asset management pilot project for the Airport. This means it is designed to be built and operated in as economically and environmentally advanced manner as possible.
The RCF is the first sustainable demonstration project and sustainable asset management pilot project for the Airport. This means it is designed to be built and operated in as economically and environmentally advanced manner as possible. This project has earned LEED Silver certification.
Key attributes include:
- Reducing/’right-sizing’ the RCF’s dimensions to decrease areas that need cooling, heating and ventilation
- Low volatile organic compound paints, sealants, adhesives and carpets
- Implementing a recycling program throughout the facility to wash vehicles
- Fully treating both construction and RCF stormwater to prevent sediment and pollutants from reaching local creeks in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified Port facility