King County Passenger Only Floating Terminal
- Services Mechanical Engineering/Moveable Structures, Structural Engineering, Waterfront Engineering
- Market(s) Ferry Terminals, Floating Structures
- Sustainability Built to King County Sustainability Standards and Requirements
- Owner King County Metro Marine Division (KCMMD)
- Contractor Manson Construction
- Team Special Projects – Seattle, WA
KPFF has worked with King County Metro Marine Division (KCMMD) since December of 2016 on their passenger only ferry landing float replacement project. King County, in collaboration with Washington State Ferries, replaced and upgraded their current passenger loading system and floating dock. King County’s Metro Marine Division operates several passenger only ferry routes from downtown Seattle to outlying Puget Sound locations.KPFF provided planning, procurement support and engineered bridging documents for a replacement 117’ x 30’ open cell concrete float used by various vessel types and passenger loading configurations. KPFF also designed mechanical passenger loading ramps and utility systems. KPFF provided owners technical representation and general project management throughout the proposal, design and construction phases. KPFF was the designer for the guide piles holding the float and gangway attaching the float upland. As this was KCMMD’s first Design Build construction project, they required guidance to navigate the procurement, design and construction process. Serving as owner’s representative on the project, KPFF developed the Capitol Projects Advisory Review Board (CPARB) application, then presented to the board to gain approval for the project.