James Street Bridge/Squalicum Creek Corridor
- Services Civil Engineering, Construction/Project Management, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Natural Environments, Roadway
- Sustainability Greenroads Certified Silver
- Owner City of Bellingham
- Team Seattle, WA
Fun Facts about the Project
- Eight total projects entwined together to develop/restore a roadway and creek corridor.
- KPFF developed a strategy to sequence the permitting and construction of each of the projects.
- Construction of the first project, the James Street Bridges happened in 2014.
- Construction of the last of the eight projects, the Orchard Drive Extension wrapped up in 2022.
Additional Services Provided by KPFF:
- Bridge Design
- Utility Infrastructure
- Stormwater Management
- Vehicular and Pedestrian Bridges
- New and Existing Roadways
- Multimodal Trails
- Fish Passage
Additional Services Provided by Sub-consultants:
- Hydraulic/Channel Design
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Topographic Survey
- Environmental Documentation/Permitting
- Construction Management
Based on my experience working with KPFF, I would highly recommend their team to other agencies for future projects.
Maiya AndrewsCity of Burien Public Works Director
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.