James Street Bridge/Squalicum Creek Corridor
- Services Civil Engineering, Construction/Project Management, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Natural Environments, Roadway
- Sustainability Greenroads Certified Silver
- Owner City of Bellingham
- Team Seattle, WA
Fun Facts about the Project
- Eight total projects entwined together to develop/restore a roadway and creek corridor.
- KPFF developed a strategy to sequence the permitting and construction of each of the projects.
- Construction of the first project, the James Street Bridges happened in 2014.
- Construction of the last of the eight projects, the Orchard Drive Extension wrapped up in 2022.
Additional Services Provided by KPFF:
- Bridge Design
- Utility Infrastructure
- Stormwater Management
- Vehicular and Pedestrian Bridges
- New and Existing Roadways
- Multimodal Trails
- Fish Passage
Additional Services Provided by Sub-consultants:
- Hydraulic/Channel Design
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Topographic Survey
- Environmental Documentation/Permitting
- Construction Management
Based on my experience working with KPFF, I would highly recommend their team to other agencies for future projects.