I-90 Eastlink – Homer M. Hadley Floating Bridge Post-Tensioning
- Services Bridge Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Roadway
- Awards PTI 2019 Award of Excellence
Kiewit Hoffman (JV)
Schwager Davis, Inc.
- Collaborators WSP
- Team Seattle, WA
Fun Facts about the Project
- KPFF was the EOR and structural lead for the post-tensioning. At 3600-ft, it is the world’s longest application of post-tensioning.
- Consisting of twenty 15-strand tendons, the total length of post-tensioning strand is over 1-million feet.
- Steel spider-like reaction frames, weighing a total of 41,000-lbs and consisting of 1800 individual pieces, were used to anchor the post-tensioning at each end.
- 2,500 holes were cored in internal transverse bulkhead walls within the pontoons to allow the 20 tendons to travel 3600 feet.
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.