I-90 Eastlink – Homer M. Hadley Floating Bridge Post-Tensioning
- Services Bridge Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Roadway
- Awards PTI 2019 Award of Excellence
Kiewit Hoffman (JV)
Schwager Davis, Inc.
- Collaborators WSP
- Team Seattle, WA
Fun Facts about the Project
- KPFF was the EOR and structural lead for the post-tensioning. At 3600-ft, it is the world’s longest application of post-tensioning.
- Consisting of twenty 15-strand tendons, the total length of post-tensioning strand is over 1-million feet.
- Steel spider-like reaction frames, weighing a total of 41,000-lbs and consisting of 1800 individual pieces, were used to anchor the post-tensioning at each end.
- 2,500 holes were cored in internal transverse bulkhead walls within the pontoons to allow the 20 tendons to travel 3600 feet.