Chief Joseph Dam Bridge Replacement
- Services Bridge Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction/Project Management
- Market(s) Bridges, Roadway
PCI 2018 Design Awards - Best Main Span Bridge More than 150 feet
WSDOT 2017 Award of Excellence - Best County Project
- Owner Douglas County
- Contractor Cascade Bridge LLC
- Team Seattle, WA
Fun Facts About the Project
- At 240-ft, it is the longest single-span precast concrete bridge in the state of Washington.
- 100-in tall WSDOT WF100PTG “supergirders”, were constructed with special stirrup details to fit below low-clearance bridges on their 230-mile haul route.
- Historic wood ‘Howe’ truss was shifted over during construction and used as a staging platform to construct the new bridge.