Tommi Rutherford PE, SEAssociate Portland, OR
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Healthcare, Pedestrian Bridges, Ports and Waterfront, Bridges, Inspections
- Education MS, Civil Engineering, Portland State University BS, Civil Engineering, Portland State University
- Affiliations/Licensure Structural Engineers Association of Oregon Structural Engineer: OR Civil Engineer: OR, CA, WA
- Hobbies & Interests Baking and gardening
For Tommi, structural engineering is an essential, exciting piece of each project puzzle. By considering all project perspectives – from the owner and architect, to the general contractor and other disciplines – she devises the right solution to make a design work. Since starting at KPFF in 1995, Tommi has been drawn to the challenges of designing upgrades to existing buildings and major infrastructure projects. She works within the unique, real-world constraints of these projects to maximize the usability of places and the land. As a project manager, Tommi enjoys making sure the overall project runs smoothly, while taking the time to delve into nitty-gritty details when needed. She takes seriously her role as mentor to junior staff, advising on best practices for drawings, reports, and other documents to continuously improve our efforts.