Steve Spence SEAssociate San Diego, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Residential, Hospitality, Military, Gaming
- Education M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego B.S., Civil Engineering, Santa Clara University
- Affiliations/Licensure Structural Engineering Association of San Diego, President (2020-Present), Vice President (2019-2020), Director (2013-2015) Structural Engineering Association of San Diego, Code Committee, Chair (2011-Present) Structural Engineers Association of California, Board Member (2020-Present) Structural Engineers Association of California, General Engineering Technical Committee, Member (2011-Present) American Institute of Steel Construction
- Hobbies & Interests Golf, Hiking, Music, Legos, Playing with my kids
Steve has been with KPFF since 2005 and, from the beginning, has been involved with the nuts and bolts of keeping our office running, serving as a technical lead and standards manager. Steve enjoys collaborating with our industry partners on all aspects design and construction to tailor custom solutions for whatever the client needs. He has had a wide range of experience in structural engineering, ranging from high-rise concrete and steel buildings to low-rise cold-formed steel, wood and masonry structures, to retrofits of existing buildings. Steve has been heavily involved in SEAOC over his entire career, serving as President of the San Diego Chapter and a Board Member at the state level, as well as serving on various technical committees.