Shane Noel SE, LEED APPrincipal San Diego, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Life Science, Hospitality, Gaming, Solar
- Education M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego B.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego
- Affiliations/Licensure California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (S.E. Exam Development, 2006-2008) Structural Engineering Association of San Diego, Solar Panel Wind Load Subcommittee (2012-2013), Director-San Diego Chapter (2008-2010) City of San Diego Board of Building Appeals and Advisors (2015-Present) American Institute of Steel Construction UCSD, Seismic Design Lecturer (2014-2017) Structural Engineer: CA, MA Professional Engineer: DC, ME, NJ, NY, VA, WA LEED Accredited Professional
- Hobbies & Interests Mountain Biking, Traveling, Cooking
Shane started his career in 1997, and has been with KPFF since 2006. His experience includes new building design, retrofit and evaluations of existing and historic buildings, and means-and-methods engineering. He has been an active member of SEAOC throughout his career and has served as a Director of the San Diego Chapter. He is active in the community, promoting structural engineering through volunteering at local high schools. Shane has published several articles and was a recipient of the ASCE Raymond C. Reese Research Award in 2001. He enjoys developing relationships with clients and teammates, and believes there is no project too big or too small, as long as he is working with the right people.