Nicholas MileyAssociate, Project Manager San Francisco, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Sustainability, Residential, Office Spaces, Civic, Seismic Retrofits
- Education Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Stanford University Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of California, Davis
- Affiliations/Licensure Co-Chair of the Structural Engineers Association of Northern California Sustainable Design Committee
- Hobbies & Interests Woodworking, Sailing, Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Skiing and Cycling
Nicholas is a passionate engineer who loves to help create the best project possible. He has fun tackling the most challenging projects, finding creative solutions by using both advanced analysis and collaboration to find designs that are constructible, resilient, and low carbon. Reducing the environmental impact of the built environment is a major goal for Nicholas, who has been the co-chair of the SEAONC Sustainable Design Committee since 2019 and helps lead KPFF's internal green team. He has authored a SEAOC paper on low carbon concrete and ben a contributing author on a SEAOC mass timber design guide. Always game to try something new, Nicholas has worked on a wide range of project types, including new schools, affordable and market-rate multifamily housing, retail, civic, seismic retrofit, and adaptive reuse of existing structures.