Marc Press SEPrincipal San Francisco, CA
"The most sustainable yard of concrete is the yard you don’t place."
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Solving problems using concrete, steel, wood and masonry
- Education Bachelor of Science, Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- Affiliations/Licensure American Society of Civil Engineers American Concrete Institute American Institute of Steel Construction American Institute of Architects American Institute of Timber Construction American Wood Council, American Forest and Paper Association Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, International Code Council Structural Engineers Association of Northern California National Fire Protection Association, NDS Open Front Task Force Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Precast/Prestressed Concrete Manufacturers Association of California Cold Formed Steel Engineers Institute, Steel Framing Alliance Design Build Institute of America (DBIA)
- Hobbies & Interests My pellet smoker, whiskey, and model trains.
Marc is the Founding Principal of KPFF’s San Francisco office. An engineer since the early 1980s, he focuses on integrating design and construction into effective project delivery methods. His experience with virtually all building materials and market segments allows him to evaluate alternative approaches for each project and make informed recommendations to save time and money. Eager to share the substantial knowledge he’s gained over his career, Marc enjoys mentoring staff and encouraging young talent. He has pioneered the implementation of several prefabricated structural systems including the Precast Hybrid Moment Frame, Prefabricated Light-Gage Bearing Wall Systems, Prefabrciated Wood Residential Systems and Precast Concrete Systems.