Joseph A. Carpenter PE, LEED APAssociate St. Louis, MO
I love the ability to creatively collaborate with clients, not just to bring long-forgotten structures back to life, but to do so in a manner that can be viewed as a complimentary evolution for the building in an architecturally sensitive manner.
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Historic Renovation/Adaptive Reuse
- Education Master of Science, Civil Engineering/Structural Emphasis, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering/Structural Emphasis, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Affiliations/Licensure LEED Accredited Professional American Society of Civil Engineers ACE Mentor St. Louis Chapter SIUE - Civil Engineering Senior Design Mentorship Professional Engineer: MO, TX, OH
- Hobbies & Interests Family, camping, canoeing, hiking, renovating our circa 1890 Second Empire-Influenced home, small-batch home wine making using home-grown Chambourcin Grapes
Joe, who joined KPFF in 2014, has twenty years’ experience in structural design for a wide range of project types, including historic renovation, residential, healthcare, laboratories, commercial facilities, and parking garages. He is skilled at managing projects, and is responsible for client contact, development of structural framing systems, management of a project’s budget and schedule, supervision of the overall structural design, and production of construction documents. Joe works closely with the entire project team, and performs construction administration duties on his projects. He is responsive to questions and comments from contractors, and is dedicated to delivering high-quality structural design solutions.