Jorge Rivera PhD, SEAssociate Los Angeles, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Structural & Earthquake Engineering, Prefabricated Structures, K-12 & Higher Education Facilities, Student Housing, Cold-formed Steel Design
- Education Doctor of Philosophy, Earthquake Engineering, Rose School, Pavia Italy MS, Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego BS, Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego
- Affiliations/Licensure American Society of Civil Engineers California Governor's Office of Emergency Service - Certified Emergency Management Volunteer Division of the State Architect Structural Plan Reviewer Structural Engineer: CA Professional Engineer: CA
- Hobbies & Interests Exploring the “hidden gems” of Los Angeles with my family and traveling around my wife’s home country of Greece in the summertime.
Jorge Rivera is an Associate with the Los Angeles Structural Division. Jorge has acquired extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of the seismic design and analysis of new and existing building structures over the past 23 years. His curiosity and zeal for all things structural has afforded him a unique skill set derived from the marrying of his professional and academic experiences. Jorge is involved in a wide array of technical and business activities ranging from concept designs to intricate detailing, staff training, client interaction and project management. Additionally, Jorge leads KPFF’s highly active Prefabrication Design Team with an extensive project portfolio including structures, building facades, and interior finishes.