John-Michael Wong PhD, SEAssociate San Francisco, CA
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties major campus developments, higher education, residential, commercial, healthcare, technology, and life sciences buildings
- Education Ph.D and Master of Science, Structural Engineering, Mechanics, and Materials, University of California, Berkeley Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Affiliations/Licensure American Concrete Institute American Society of Civil Engineers Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Structural Engineers Association of Northern California
- Hobbies & Interests He and his wife reside in the East Bay with their three children. John-Michael enjoys the dynamic opportunity to meet people within the AEC industry and serves as an industry mentor to students studying structural engineering. He serves in the local community by overseeing many of the personal care and Bible training ministries of Evangel Bible Church of Berkeley.
John-Michael strengthens the San Francisco office’s structural engineering design team with his experiencing creating design solutions for a variety of challenging projects. He brings his research background into a practical design context for new construction using advanced technologies, and a sharp look at the right strategies for rehabilitation and retrofit of existing structures. John-Michael is a published author on topics involving lean construction, building information modeling, and structural analysis, which demonstrates his capability to manage complex design projects and work within a variety of project types and project delivery models.