Cory Harelson SEAssociate Boise, ID
"KPFF's projects are great, but it's the people who keep me here!"
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Higher Education, Laboratories, Medical, Justice, K-12, Aviation
- Education MS, Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Affiliations/Licensure Structural Engineers Association of Idaho, Vice President American Institute of Steel Construction
- Hobbies & Interests Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Skiing
I started at KPFF in January of 2005 and haven’t left. I chose KPFF for 3 reasons: the fun culture, the cool projects I would have the opportunity to be a part of, and the passion that everyone exuded for their work. I became an engineer because I love math and science and wanted to find a way to put them to use. I chose to design building structures because I love the idea of being able to drive by the things I help create. I have experience in a myriad of market sectors and building types, but I have the most experience in higher education, labs, medical, justice, K-12, and aviation. My favorite projects are those where I get to work with a great team. I absolutely LOVE the feeling of coming together to discuss a tough challenge and emerging with a better solution than any one team member could have come up with on our own.