Chris Tung PE, SEAssociate Portland, OR
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Blast Engineering, Building Design, Cargo Terminals, Curtainwall Systems, Education, Government, Healthcare, Historic Rehabilitation, Hospitality, Industrial, Investigations, Light Rail Infrastructure, Military, Office, Parking, Pedestrian Bridges, Perimeter Security, Physical Security, Piers & Wharves, Progressive Collapse, Project Management, Renovation, Residential, Retail, Seismic Design, Shoring, Sports, Structural Evaluation, Structural Glass, Utility Infrastructure, Vibration Analysis and Measurement
- Education MS, Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign BS, Architectural Engineering, National Taiwan University
- Affiliations/Licensure American Institute of Steel Construction Structural Engineer: OR, WA, CA Civil Engineer: OR, CA
- Hobbies & Interests Hiking+Photography
Chris places ultimate value on collaboration. He synthesizes the responsibilities of each team member to smoothly integrate structural with other disciplines to streamline the process as each project moves forward. With KPFF since 1998, Chris has developed a wide range of systems knowledge that provides him with a flexible palate and the ability to assess an appropriate resolution. His structural systems expertise provides him with the tools to coordinate architecture, budget, and the construction schedule. His skill was invaluable on the progressive design of Wayne L. Morse Courthouse in Eugene – an award-winning building showcasing intricately constructed, curved metal facades. Chris helped devise creative solutions to meet federal security and stringent seismic requirements within the complex geometry of this signature public building.