Ashley Thompson PE, SEAssociate, Senior Project Manager Boise, ID
Work is FUN at KPFF. The people are amazing, the projects are technically challenging, and the opportunity for growth is endless.
- Discipline Structural Engineering
- Specialties Multifamily Housing, Education
- Education M.S., Structural Engineering, University of Washington M.S., Human-Centered Design and Engineering, University of Washington B.S., Engineering, University of Georgia
- Affiliations/Licensure Idaho Women in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, Founder Urban Land Institute Idaho Leadership Boise Professional Engineer: CA, WA Structural Engineer: ID, CA
- Hobbies & Interests Cooking, Traveling, Outdoor Recreation (skiing, rafting, biking), Foreign Languages
Ashley is a multifamily and higher education specialist who finds joy in designing spaces for people to come together. With Masters’ degrees in structural engineering and human centered design, she sees the built environment as more than just a building – she is passionate about creating environments that foster community and learning. She enjoys finding ways to achieve performance criteria while meeting aesthetic and budget targets. Ashley is a founder of Idaho Women in AEC, a local non-profit organization that supports professional development and mentorship for women in the industry. When she isn’t designing buildings, Ashley can be found recreating in the Boise foothills with her husband, daughter and chocolate lab.