WeHo Design District Streetscape
West Hollywood, California
- Services Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Prime Consulting
- Market(s) Civic, Transportation/Transit
$30Mestimated total project cost
- Owner City of West Hollywood
The Design District Streetscape & Undergrounding Project is a major infrastructure project to implement the recommendations of the adopted West Hollywood Design District Streetscape Master Plan (DDSMP). Key features of the project include pedestrian and bicycle safety improvements, new pavement and sidewalks, distinctive trees and landscaping, upgraded street furniture and streetlights, smart city infrastructure installation, utility undergrounding, and the creation of new public gathering places with integrated public art.
KPFF provided 30% preliminary civil engineering design and survey for a cumulative 1-mile stretch of Complete Streets roadway diet streetscape in West Hollywood Design District. KPFF, as the lead civil engineer, worked with a multi-disciplinary team including cost estimating, utility mapping, traffic engineering and facilitating design coordination with City of West Hollywood Public Works Department, LA County Flood Control District, LA County Fire Department, Beverly Hills Water Department, Southern California Edison and Private Developers adjoining the public right-of-way in developing the concept design for the streetscape improvements. Also, in the pre-design project phase, KPFF supported City of West Hollywood Public Works Department and Urban Planner, Pat Smith, with outreach efforts, assisting with developing content for meetings with Fire Department, local stakeholders, and developing civil design criteria for implementation in the future 100% construction design phase.
Technical studies included
- Existing and proposed conditions hydrology/hydraulics analysis,
- Low Impact Development (LID) for stormwater mitigation,
- Pavement/roadway profile and grading analysis for roadway diets,
- Study of existing and proposed right-of-way conditions for ADA compliant ramps and sidewalks, providing preliminary engineering design for code compliant upgrades
- Research and data collection of existing utilities infrastructure located in public right-of-way
Learn more about the project from the project website.
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.