University of Southern California Health Sciences Campus Beautification
Los Angeles, California
- Services Civil Engineering
- Market(s) Education
- Sustainability LEED Gold Innovative stormwater management system with 56,000-gallon and 64,000-gallon cistern tanks
$25.5 Mproject cost
6major roadway intersection improvements
4 milespublic roadway narrowing
and sidewalk widening
- Owner University of Southern California Health Sciences
- Contractor Whiting Turner
Linscott, Law & Greenspan
- Team Los Angeles, CA
KPFF led a multi-disciplinary design team for the design and construction of infrastructure and streetscape improvements in East Los Angeles. The 79-acre campus in Boyle Heights is home to USC’s medical and pharmacy schools and several hospitals and health professions programs. The effort includes plan preparation, permit approvals and construction support services for the following improvements:
- 4 miles of public roadway narrowing and sidewalk widening
- 6 major roadway intersection improvements
- The undergrounding of 3 miles of overhead electrical and telecommunication utility poles
- Relocation of 5,000-feet of City of Los Angeles gas, sanitary sewer and water distribution systems, and LA County storm drain infrastructure
- New landscaping, addition of 700 trees, pedestrian lights, and enhanced pavement
KPFF was able to fast-track the approval process and signiﬁcantly reduce the construction cost and schedule by working in partnership with the City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Street Lighting, Bureau of Street Services, Urban Forestry, Recreation and Park, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, and Los Angeles Gas Company, Architectural/Engineering Division, Operations and Maintenance, Construction Management/Capital Program Group.
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.