John Burroughs School
St. Louis, Missouri
- Services Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Education, Laboratories
- Sustainability LEED Gold
$21.5 Mproject cost
- Owner John Burroughs School
- Architect The Lawrence Group
- Collaborators PARIC Corporation
- Team St. Louis, MO
The STAR Building provides space for science and practical arts classrooms, engineering and science laboratories, a two-story library, and an auditorium. The building’s green roof is one of many sustainable design elements that contribute to the facility’s LEED Gold ranking.
The STAR Building replaces two previous buildings that contained the school’s library and science building. Its location created an opportunity to present an attractive facade to nearby Price Road, and completed the campus’s quad.