The Grand LA
Los Angeles, California
- Services Civil Engineering
- Market(s) Hospitality, Residential, Retail
- Sustainability LEED Gold Certification outdoor water reduction optimal energy performance that achieves more than 20% energy savings provisions for more than 75 EV charging stations compliance with Cal Green and Title 24
39story residential tower
20story hotel tower
164,000square feet of retail
- Owner CORE Related Grand Ave Owner LLC
- Architect Gehry Partners, LLC
OJB Landscape Architecture
Tara Bernerd & Partners
- Team Los Angeles, CA
The Grand LA project is located in the Bunker Hill area of downtown Los Angeles, immediately across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Frank Gehry-designed building consists of a new 39-story residential tower and 20-story hotel tower accommodating retail, restaurant, and health club space. Below the towers and retail complex are four levels of parking garage, two of which are fully underground.
Public right-of-way improvements are proposed for the surrounding streets. Civil engineering challenges included extensive coordination with various City and County agencies, including Metro. KPFF used Revit software to design the site grading and site utilities to integrate into the building Revit model.
Part of the Grand Ave Arts Corridor, the Grand LA is adjacent to arts and culture venues including the Music Center, Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Colburn School of Music, The Broad Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art, adding a dynamic mixed-use district fitting for the cultural center of Los Angeles.