California State University Los Angeles, South Village Student Housing and Pedestrian Bridge
Los Angeles, California
- Services Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Bridges, Education, Residential
- Sustainability Designed to Meet LEED Certification
- Awards CMAA 29th Annual Project Achievement Award - Higher Education, 2022
140Ft. Long Pedestrian Bridge
- Owner California State University, Los Angeles
- Architect HED
- Contractor McCarthy Building Companies
- Team Los Angeles, CA
The Student Housing East Facility provides 1,500 beds in double and triple residence units for the freshmen and sophomore students of CSULA. The facility includes gathering spaces, fitness areas, lounges, wellness rooms, laundry facilities and kitchens. To promote interaction amongst the students, the facility contains community and multipurpose rooms along with collaborative and independent study spaces. A dining facility incorporates the new and existing student housing dining program. The project also includes a 140 ft. long pedestrian bridge and 80 ft. tall vertical circulation tower.
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.