Carnegie Mellon University
Highmark Center for Health, Wellness & Athletics
- Services Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Education
- Sustainability LEED Gold target
- Owner Carnegie Mellon University
- Architect Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Contractor Mascaro Construction Corporation
- Team St. Louis, MO
KPFF is providing structural engineering services for a new 160,000sf addition to the existing Skibo Gymnasium at Carnegie Mellon University. The $71 million addition supports programming for University Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, Wellness Initiatives, and Title IX and Athletics.
The building contains a performance gymnasium, multi-purpose court, locker rooms, offices, and training rooms. Currently under construction, this facility is scheduled to be completed in 2024.