California State University Long Beach, Hall of Science
Long Beach, California
- Services Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Market(s) Education, Laboratories
- Sustainability LEED Silver
- Owner California State University Long Beach
- Architect SmithGroup
- Contractor AECOM Hunt
- Collaborators Glumac Engineers, Inc.
- Team Los Angeles, CA
The Hall of Science is home to the Departments of Geological Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, and Science Education. Funded by voter-approved state bonds, it contains 22 research laboratories, 31 classroom labs, two 180-seat and two 80-seat lecture halls, as well as the Jensen Student Access to Science center, Science Learning Center museum and the college’s administration and technical facilities. The project incorporates a thin shell precast facade that includes panelized brick and was Fast Tracked and completed ahead of schedule.
Additional Services Provided:
- Building Design
- Vibration Analysis & Measurement
Browse our portfolio to learn more about the breadth of our experience.
Discover more about our many teams and what makes them unique.