Oregon Department of Transportation
Constructed in 1950, the ODOT Headquarters building is approximately 140,000-sf spanning five floors above grade and one basement level. The renovation fully modernized the interior, while preserving the historic exterior. The transformation of the space also allowed ODOT to consolidate operations that had been previously spread throughout leased properties.
To understand the scope of work required to bring the building up to code, KPFF analyzed seismic and structural conditions, then provided full structural engineering design services for the building renovation, including the seismic design as well as structural support for architectural and M/E/P upgrades. Designed to Immediate Occupancy, the seismic upgrade consisted of adding new concrete shear walls, diaphragm strengthening, and new foundations. A rooftop solar array and an eco-roof were also added.