Protective Design Engineer - SF (3+ yrs)Apply Now
- Office Location San Francisco, CA
- Post Date 2018-09-26
- Team Protective Design Group, US
Protective Design Engineer - SF (3+ yrs)
KPFF is about freedom to work on what inspires you. Our engineers work on a vast spectrum of projects that are located around the globe, providing them a challenging work environment with support to focus on specific areas of expertise. We have all the benefits of a large, stable firm but none of the red tape that comes with it. Providing first-class service to our clients is what we're about. KPFF is experiencing solid growth and continues to innovate and adapt to better serve our clients. We are a group of dedicated, friendly, collaborative, hard-working engineers and are looking for exceptional engineers to join us.
As a Structural Project Engineer specializing in protective design, you will work individually and collaboratively in the design and analysis of federal and local government, infrastructure, and private 'high-risk' projects with an emphasis on blast engineering, physical security design, progressive collapse and hostile vehicle mitigation.You will work closely with talented engineers, BIM/CAD technicians, architects, project managers, contractors, security consultants, and client teams.
The preferred candidate will have experience in non-linear dynamic analysis methods, blast engineering, disproportionate collapse modeling, protective design consulting, and high-fidelity modeling,in addition to the following qualifications and skills:
- Master of Science Degree with focus in structural engineering
- 3+ years of experience in structural/blast engineering
- Candidates with specialized seismic engineering/consulting experience will also be considered.
- Advanced structural modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Client-focused with consulting experience
KPFF provides a wide range of personal and career benefits that accentuate our 'employee focused' company attitude including:
- An excellent 401k retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- Healthcare (medical, dental, long and short-term)
- Paid Holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Competitive Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Relocation Benefits
- Employer-paid engineering society membership
- Employer contributed commuter benefit
- Performance based bonus based on profitability and contributions of the employee to its success.
- Coaching, development, and career path guidance
- Leadership Opportunities
- Project and Office Diversity
- Community involvement opportunities
KPFF is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 3 years in structural/blast engineering Experience
- Minimum Education Master's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Protective Design/Blast, Blast Engineering, Disproportionate Collapse