Entry-Level Structural EngineerApply Now
- Office Location New York, NY
- Post Date 2023-05-19
- Team New York, NY
Entry-Level Structural Engineer
KPFF is seekingan entry-level Structural Engineerfor our New York office who is ambitious, humble, trusting, and strategic while hungry for autonomy and support to help grow our practice.
At KPFF, we are focused on engineering excellence. With numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching, we rigorously develop our staff's careers and passions. Our engineers work in dynamic teams with open communication and dedicated support from senior-level mentors. We seek candidates who have the competency, attitude, and personal commitment to deliver efforts of the highest quality. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your professional growth.
- BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structures
- EIT Certification
- Previous engineering internship
- Excellent interpersonal communication and professional demeanor
- Being an active member of our team
- Solid technical skills
- Ability to independently plan, document, organize, and engage in problem-solving
- Excellent research and information gathering skills
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating structural drawings and calculation packages
- Developing a structural model using computer-aided design software (Revit, AutoCAD, RAM, etc.)
- Referring to applicable building codes for appropriate loads, analysis procedures, and requirements
- Discussing the best load path for a safe and efficient building design with your project team
- Visiting a construction site and writing an observation report
- Supporting a project manager to prepare, allocate, and track a project work plan and budget
- Collaborating with architects, contractors, and others on your design team to solve problems and deliver a successful project
- Participating in an office training session on effective communication, project management, or another applicable topic
TO SUCCEED AT KPFF YOU
- Enjoy being mentored and to mentor; have a teacher's mindset
- Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects: for yourself and others
- Have effective organizational skills and communicate well and often, focused on relationship building inside and outside of the company
- Don't allow problems to overwhelm you
- Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class buildings
- Embody KPFF's core values: Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion
We are a laid-back but professional & hard-working Team. Flexibility and communication are key to succeeding at KPFF. Our greatest asset is our people and our culture.
We are adaptive and creative engineers who design state-of-the-art, enduring solutions for a wide range of projects. We focus on contributing to a meaningful experience of designing and building within a Team, not just the results. KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment for more than 60 years. We collaborate with our clients to meet their expectations. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we're capable of providing.
At KPFF, our purpose is to engineer opportunities – we have created a training and engineering philosophy called "forefront". Your experience starts the day you walk in the door at KPFF and continues as a career-long effort to help us all advance and grow together. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another, everyone becomes a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their skills and drive the KPFF experience. KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development is an everyday event, as is your direct interaction with Owners, Architects, and Contractors.
KPFF is a global firm with more than 22 offices, 1,300+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states. We offer competitive salaries, pay for every hour you work, and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, paid family leave, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, career development programs, and much more. Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website at www.kpff.com
- Minimum Experience 0-2 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
- Pay Range $75,000 - $85,000