Engineering - Civil Transportation Engineer - 4+ Yrs. Exp.Apply Now
- Office Location Special Projects - Tacoma, WA
- Post Date 2023-05-09
- Team Special Projects - Tacoma, WA
Engineering - Civil Transportation Engineer - 4+ Yrs. Exp.
KPFF’s Special Projects Group is seeking a full-time Civil Transportation Engineer (InRoads/OpenRoads) in our Seattle or Tacoma office.
KPFF’s Special Projects Group has an opening for a civil roadway engineer in our Seattle or Tacoma office. We are seeking a highly motivated person with a passion for engineering excellence and experience delivering roadway and transportation improvements on design-build projects. This position will provide the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and contractors delivering diverse public works infrastructure projects including fish passages and major transportation improvements.
Additional project work could include heavy civil, waterfront site improvements, stormwater improvements and natural resource improvements throughout the US with a focus on the West Coast and Pacific Northwest regions. We frequently function as prime consultant and are tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
Key Responsibilities (or) Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Produce civil design plans and specifications for roadway projects including: roadway alignment and profiles, sections, grading and paving, stormwater, wet utility plans, signing/striping and maintenance of traffic
- Create and model roadway plans/profiles/sections using MicroStation and InRoads
- Provide construction support and provide guidance to support consultants including geotechnical, electrical/comm. and ITS.
- Conduct site visits and assist with documenting findings
- Prepare project proposals, interface and coordinate with clients
- Work independently and occasionally co-locate with Contractors to accomplish design work
- Ability and proficiency to lead a team of engineers and drafters to achieve common goals and schedules as a key member of a collaborative team
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team of engineers
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
Example of Projects:
- Design-Build Transportation Infrastructure
- Road and Highway Design
- Fish Passage/Culvert Replacement Projects
- Railway Infrastructure
- Ports and Industrial Site Developments
- Industrial Stormwater Treatment
- Minimum of 4 years of civil design experience with a PE in the State of Washington or ability to get reciprocity
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Advanced MicroStation, InRoads, and OpenRoads design experience is required.
- ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Civil3D and other engineering design software proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
- Experience and ability to prepare roadway/transportation design documents and specifications is required
- Additional experience on waterfront and industrial site infrastructure is desirable.
- Familiarity with WSDOT Standard Plans and Standard Specifications and Design Manual
- An appreciation for the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. DEI is an important component of the KPFF environment. We are looking for people who are eager to contribute to our on-going pursuit of a culture that embraces our employee’s differences, strengths, interests, and backgrounds.
With over 1,250 employees nationwide,KPFFis an engineering-focused company that is organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long term stability and prudent growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
KPFF Special Projects– We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 110+ people.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, transportation, rail, bridge, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships.
Benefits include medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, paid family leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, a subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass (Seattle office) and paid jury duty. We also provide an excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
- Minimum Experience 4 yrs. Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Pay Range $95,000-$120,000