Bridge Engineer/Project Manager (7-12 years)Apply Now
- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2023-05-04
- Team Seattle, WA
Bridge Engineer/Project Manager (7-12 years)
BRIDGE ENGINEER/ PROJECT MANAGER (7-12 YEARS)
KPFF’s Washington Division, located in Downtown Seattle, is seeking an Experienced Structural Engineer to join the Bridge/Heavy-Civil group. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about what you can gain from a career at KPFF:www.kpff.com
The Bridge/Heavy-Civil Team consists of primarily structural engineers working in a vast array of bridge and heavy-civil design fields such as highway bridges, pedestrian bridges, walls, culverts/fish-passage, bridge inspection, ferry terminals, and piers/wharves. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to consulting, working with clients from across the industry, including small local agencies, transportation departments, architects, and contractors. At KPFF there is always something new to learn and endless opportunities to innovate.
Our core values at KPFF are Stability, Trust, Excellence, Relationships, and Passion. We are dedicated to helping every individual grow as a professional by working closely together on challenging and exciting projects. This position will allow you to participate in the engineering design and management of a wide range of transportation projects while working with a variety of public and private sector clients.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following:
• Perform project management tasks, such as monitoring budgets and schedules, interacting with clients, and leading junior engineers.
• Lead technical and project discussions with the design team.
• Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports.
• Take responsibility for the quality control/assurance of project deliverables.
• Perform structural design, analysis, and prepare design sketches. Instruct draftspersons on design drawings.
• Perform inspection/field work.
KPFF has been an industry leader in civil and structural engineering for over 60 years, working with world-class architects, public agencies, and contractors to realize our clients' vision for successful projects.
We are passionate about developing great engineers and managers. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients!
- BSCE with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- 7-12 years of experience
- MSCE or MSE with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineer (SE) License
- Experience in the design and construction of reinforced concrete and structural steel structures.
- Proficiency with the following, or similar, software: CSI Software Suite (SAP, CSI Bridge), PG Super
- Experience monitoring budgets and schedules, interacting with clients, and leading junior engineers.
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Eager to develop and grow as a structural engineer
- Ability to work with, mentor, and lead junior engineers
- Passionate about providing exceptional client services
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
Benefits Provided by KPFF:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance – with a no-premium option
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent Care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
- Performance based Bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Minimum Experience 7 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
- Pay Range $145,000 - $170,000