Civil Design Engineer [0 - 3 Years]Apply Now
- Office Location Lacey, WA
- Post Date 2023-04-21
- Team Lacey, WA
Civil Design Engineer [0 - 3 Years]
KPFF Lacey is looking for motivated and passionate entry-level civil engineers who are eager to develop design and project management skills. We are accepting applications to fill positions immediately. Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
- B.S. Degree or higher
- EIT Certification (preferred)
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience is highly desirable
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaborative skills are essential
- Competency, accountability, and personal commitment to deliver quality work to our clients
Our engineers work in dynamic teams with open communication and strong support from senior-level mentors. We encourage decision-making at the closest level to the issue to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients and promote professional growth for our staff. This position provides opportunities to work on a variety of project for both public agencies and private developers which include:
- Commercial Site Development
- Parks and Recreation Facilities
- Multi-family / Residential Development
- Water Systems
- Sewer Lift Stations
- Roadway Infrastructure
- Municipal Institutions
We provide the opportunity for our engineers to take part in all aspects of the design process and look for candidates who want to be challenged and stretch outside their comfort zone. General project tasks that our engineers perform are as follows:
- Site Planning
- Prepare construction drawings
- Analyze and design water, sewer, and storm systems
- Site grading and stormwater management design
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare project specifications
- Prepare project cost estimates
- Review and submit permit applications
- Provide construction administration support
- Communicate with design consultants, municipalities, contractors, and clients
- Attend site visits
Lacey Office Culture:
KPFF Lacey's vision statement is toprovide experiences that create a lasting positive impact on our people, clients, and community.We are passionate about providing a collaborative, playful, and positive environment for our employees. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions. Our nearly 40-person office has the benefit of having the resources of a 1,400+ person company, with the closeness of a small office. We work in a fast-paced environment that will provide opportunities to work with our staff of civil engineers and surveyors on a variety of project types and sizes requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively.
We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. KPFF gives individuals the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF's success. KPFF utilizesforefront,a program that provides lifelong career support in technical development, project management, professional practice improvement, business development, and personal improvement.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events.
KPFF offers excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, competitive rates, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, and much more.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. KPFF participates in the e-Verify program to determine the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States.
- Minimum Experience 0-3 years Experience
- Minimum Education Associate's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Pay Range Base Pay $68,000 - $85,000