Survey Party ChiefApply Now
- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2023-03-22
- Team Portland, OR
Survey Party Chief
Survey Party Chief
KPFF’s Portland Civil + Survey office is currently seeking a full-time Survey Party Chief. Our typical projects include control, boundary, topographic, utility, ALTA, verification, and monitor surveying. We collect field data using the latest survey grade equipment, including conventional total stations, digital levels, GPS, 3D scanners, and drone technology. We work with engineers, architects, landscape architects, developers, and public agencies. You may find yourself on a project in downtown Portland one day, followed by something in remote eastern Oregon, and beyond.We are looking for someone that enjoys a variety of project types – no monotonous routine surveys time after time here!
Travel is required and can vary between 20-45% (depending on project), but typically the field crew is back in Portland for the weekend.
Pay is dependent upon experience = $26-$35/hour
Qualifications + Requirements
Candidate must be able to perform field duties in a party chief capacity; including knowledge in the maintenance of field equipment, set-up, operations, and proper field procedures to ensure efficient and accurate field data collection.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Add value to an agile Survey team
- Ability to work effectively and maintain good attitude with field and office staff
- Have flexibility to travel, a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening may be a requirement to participate on specific projects
Party Chief Duties
- Lead a crew or work alone with appropriate field equipment
- Complete field projects the first time without unnecessary return trips
- Operate Trimble S6 robot and GPS with data collection
- Efficient, accurate, and complete survey field work
- Field notes including depiction sketches
- Field calculations and construction staking
- Maintain quality field procedures
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Train/mentor field technicians to effectively and efficiently accomplish the responsibilities described above
We work on a wide variety of project types, serving public and private clients in land development, transportation and municipal projects. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and we work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
The Portland Civil + Survey office (including Eugene and Washington DC staff) consists of 96 employees including 34 PEs and 3 PLSs.
All applications must be completed through this on-line process. [No phone inquiries, please]
KPFF is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
- Minimum Experience 5+ Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Survey
- Pay Range $26-$35/hr DOE