Engineering - Civil 5-10 Yrs. Exp
- Office Location Special Projects - Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2023-03-16
- Team Special Projects - Seattle, WA
Engineering - Civil 5-10 Yrs. Exp
Civil Engineer –KPFF’s Special Projects Group is seeking a full-time CIVIL ENGINEER in our Seattle office.
KPFF’s Special Projects Group has an opening for a civil engineer in our Seattle office. We are seeking a highly motivated person with a passion for engineering excellence.
This position will provide the opportunity to work for a variety of public and private clients on all types of projects through planning, design, permitting and construction. Our work leans toward heavy civil, design-build transportation, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US with a focus on the West Coast and Pacific Northwest regions. We frequently function as prime consultant and are tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
Key Responsibilities (or) Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Produce civil design plans for site development including: grading and paving, storm drains, sewer, and water for various land development projects
- Produce specifications, construction support, cost estimating, geotechnical coordination
- Research materials and assemblies for design and construction drawings
- Conduct site visits and assist with documenting findings
- Prepare project proposals, interface and coordinate with clients
- Perform analysis of water and sewer systems
- Lead projects or design tasks with support of CAD and engineering staff
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team of engineers
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
Example of Projects:
- Dredging, Environmental Cleanup, and Marine Habitat Mitigation sites
- Industrial Site Developments
- Fisheries Engineering
- Cruise Terminals
- Small Boat Harbors and Marinas
- Ferry Terminals
- Railway Infrastructure
- Industrial Stormwater Treatment
- Airports and Fixed Base Operator Developments
- Design-Build Transportation Infrastructure
- Minimum of 5-10 years of civil design experience with a PE in the State of Washington or ability to get reciprocity
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D
- ArcGIS, MicroStation and other engineering design software proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
- Ability to prepare civil engineering documents and specifications for projects
- Ability to read redlines and modify drawings accurately
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Design experience related to major transportation and civil infrastructure is required. Additional experience on waterfront and industrial site infrastructure is desirable
With over 1,300 employees nationwide,KPFFis an engineering-focused company that is organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long term stability and prudent growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
KPFF Special Projects– We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 110+ people.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships.
Benefits include medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, paid family leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, a subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass (Seattle office) and paid jury duty. We also provide an excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
- Minimum Experience 5 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Pay Range $97,000-$115,000
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.