- Office Location Sacramento, CA
- Post Date 2023-03-13
- Team Sacramento, CA
KPFF is an industry leader in Civil and Structural engineering and has been in practice for over 60 years. We work with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects providing Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management and Surveying services.
KPFF is a large, stable company with over 1,200 employees in 25 offices located nationwide. We are decentralized, so each office has the freedom to pursue the clients and type of work that makes their office successful. This type of structure provides a lot of flexibility and opportunity for engineers.
Learn more about our company at our website:www.kpff.com
The Administrative Assistant role will be a part of an Administrative team and serve over 40 staff members. This role will report to the Office Manager.
EFFECTIVE TEAM MEMBER
- A friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Provides an exceptional level of service and quality of work to all staff.
- Service focused individual with a track record of high performance and reliable attendance.
- Manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team in various roles.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Plans ahead whenever possible.
- Identifies opportunities for self-improvement, asks for help when needed.
- Competency in Microsoft 365 applications (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign would also be beneficial.
- Conduct research and handle information requests.
- Coordinates conference room reservations, conference call numbers and web-based meeting reservations.
- Coordinate travel needs.
- Coordinate food orders for meetings.
- Assist with office wide events coordination if needed.
- Other miscellaneous office administrative needs including but not limited to distribution of mail, answering phones, etc.
- Coordinate project needs including printing, shipping, document markups, logging, specs, calculation packages.
- Processing renewals and new applications for state engineer licensing.
- Placing occasional social media postings to company pages.
- Backup for Office Manager and/or other Admin staff as needed.
- Minimum High School diploma. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year of full-time Administrative experience
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Valid CA Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are generally performed in a normal office environment. Some duties will require sitting at a desk or computer table, loading copiers and dishwashers, walking across the office, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, others will require driving to offsite locations.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Typical hours will be 10:30-5pm with a 1-hour lunch break Monday-Thursday.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum Experience None Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
- Pay Range $17-$20 Hourly
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.